Monday, April 16, 2007

Card of the Week (4-16-07)

Reposted - Published in the September '07 issue of Cards, pg 140.This card is a double-duty card, acting both as a swap for my Swappers Club, and Card of the Week! I didn't have much time this weekend, and of course, was procrastinating with my looming swap deadline, so this card will work for both. I had to use some of my patterned paper, since it seems that the only time any good amount of it get used is for swaps, but I DO love this Playhouse paper. This swap is a "product push" swap for card fronts, and I'm "pushing" the Tool Kit, colored brads, and dry embossing. I hope all the ladies like it! The idea of piercing the paper "backwards" came from Jen del Muro's ATC in the last swap that I did.

Stuff you need...
Stamps: Bodacious Bouquet, Polka Dots & Paisley
CS: Celery (3 x 3 5/8), Olive (4 1/4 x 5 1/2), Pixie (3 3/4 x 5), WW 2 7/8 x 3 1/2, plus scraps for cut out flowers)
PP: Playhouse (3 5/8 x 4 7/8)
Ribbon: Celery Grosgrain, Black Gingham
Punches: 1/16 Circle
Ink: Celery, Olive, Pixie, PIP, Jet Black
Brads: PIP
Other: Tool Kit, Bodacious Brass Template, Light Box, Dimensionals, Stylus

Start out by adhering the Playhouse paper to the Pixie Pink. Now you can wrap the ribbon around that whole piece (and tie smaller pieces on - celery 3 in. and gingham 2 in.) and set aside.
Pierce the Olive (8 dots each side) and White (6 dots each side) from the back of the paper for even more dimension. Layer the Pixie and Playhouse onto the Olive and set aside.

Next stamp the flowers and cut out. Punch a hole in the center of the smaller flower and place Celery brad. Use the larger flower as a guide for placement for the leaves and "stems", and stamp. Emboss with your light box, Bodacious Bouquet Brass Template and stylus. Adhere flowers with Dimensionals, and stamp "happy" or any other sentiment you like!

It was a lot of steps, but I'm happy with the finished product, and I hope that you'll give it a try! Remember to leave a comment with a link to your card so we can see the different interpretations!


Happy Stamping!

ETA: To answer a question, the embossed leaves and stems were stamped first, then embossed with a light box. It actually is a lot of fun, and I love the look of it! HTH:)